We all have that worry when we are shipping fragile items. Whether it’s glassware, electronics, or antiques, maybe it’s just a bottle of kicap you want to send as a gift for a friend, we all know we have to take extra precaution when shipping fragile items.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to pack fragile items so you don’t have to worry about them when shipping!
- Bubble wrap your item, make sure they are no edges visible
- Tape the bubble wrap to avoid untangling
- Insert the parcel in the middle of the box. Remember to get it as close to the centre as possible
- Fill the gaps with packing peanuts, you can find a lot of them in online stores and packaging solutions shop
- Secure the box with tape and make sure the ends of the tape is cleanly cut off to prevent them from coming off
- Label your box with clear and visible indication that there are fragile item(s) inside the packaging
Always check what are the permitted items for shipping with your respected shipping providers.
If there are multiple items, wrap the items individually in bubble wrap and make sure they are neatly placed do not move around in the packaging.
If you want more protection, you can follow the steps above and put it inside a larger box with the same protection method.